Jubilee Association of Maryland provides opportunities and support for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities to live in and enrich their community while fulfilling their personal, family, social and spiritual needs.
Our core values inform how we make decisions and support people’s needs:
- Respect and Human Dignity – All those associated with Jubilee recognize the basic humanity of all people and treat them equally and with the utmost respect, regardless of their level of disability or role in relationship to the agency.
- Self-Determination – Jubilee subscribes to the philosophical concept of “self-determination”: that is, we believe all people have the right to control their lives and resources as much as possible.
- Community, Mutuality, & Service – Staff and board work together to promote an ideal of service and open communication so Jubilee can create a sense of community both within and outside the agency to enhance the lives of those we support.
- Justice – Jubilee advocates for justice on behalf of the people we serve and is committed to serving and employing people of diverse cultures, races, religions, and economic circumstances.
- Ethical Practices – Jubilee operates with integrity, insists on quality and clear financial oversight, and bases its actions on open discussion.
- Spiritual Care – Jubilee actively supports the spiritual needs of the people we serve and the people we employ.
—Adopted by the Board of Directors on 2/11/13