Small Steps Make a Big Difference
Jubilee cares about the health and well-being of its staff and the individuals they support. Here are some ways we support our employees to make small steps to improve their health:
- Online wellness portal through Adventist HealthCare’s Life Works Strategies. Portal includes resources, links, challenges, email access to nutritionists and personal trainers, syncing to upload fitness trackers and more. (10/1/17)
- Employee assistance plan through Life Works Strategies.
- Subsidized fitness trackers for staff on our health plan.
- Two free exercise classes for employees through SPIRIT Club: a 45 minute yoga class with certified yoga instructor Suz Podasky Stafford on Wednesdays and a half hour body weight exercise class with Adrian Wright on Fridays.
- taff are encouraged to work out on the clock alongside the people we serve, e.g.at community center, gym, track, SPIRIT class, pool, etc.
- Free biometric screenings every year to assist staff to “know your numbers.”
- Reimbursement for flu shots.
- Extra PTO (paid time off) for assisting the organization in moving toward great health.
- Full-time staff can use up to $200 annually toward their own health efforts, such as Weight Watchers, gym membership, yoga classes, personal training, nutritional consults, etc.
- Wellness is an award category for our annual staff awards day with a shared team prize of $1000.
of Maryland, Inc.
10408 Montgomery Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895
United Way #9829
UWNCA CFC #91180