WHO WE ARE
Learn about Jubilee’s Community
Jubilee Association of Maryland provides opportunities and support for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities to live in and enrich their community while fulfilling their personal, family, social and spiritual needs.
Why Do We Exist?
Jubilee Association is a religious faith-based organization. Jubilee’s philosophy and core values are grounded in an abiding belief that the created universe is good, that all people are created in God’s image, and that all people are empowered.
We are thus called to love and care for God’s creation, motivated not only by human compassion and sympathy but also by a profound sense that in serving others we honor the Creator.
This belief both emanates from Jubilee’s origin as a service project of the Hyattsville Mennonite Church and reflects values shared by many religious traditions.
How Will We Succeed?
Faith Based: All those associated with Jubilee will work together as a diverse faith-based community of persons dedicated to caring for, supporting the aspirations of and improving the daily lives of individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities as a moral and religious imperative.
Innovative: Beyond basic assurances for health and safety, Jubilee will be flexible in its approach to providing services; keeping abreast of state-of-the-art trends in the developmental disabilities field and remaining open to new and innovative best practices that increase opportunities for individual choice and responsibility that enables more self-determination
Building Partnerships: Jubilee will partner with non-profit, public and other faith-based organizations to provide the individuals it serves with personal choices regarding; affordable housing, work opportunities, retirement opportunities, opportunities to practice their faith, and social and recreational activities.
Our core values inform how we make decisions and support people’s needs:
- Respect and Human Dignity – All those associated with Jubilee recognize the basic humanity of all people and treat them equally and with the utmost respect, regardless of their level of disability or role in relationship to the agency.
- Self-Determination – Jubilee subscribes to the philosophical concept of “self-determination”: that is, we believe all people have the right to control their lives and resources as much as possible.
- Community, Mutuality, & Service – Staff and board work together to promote an ideal of service and open communication so Jubilee can create a sense of community both within and outside the agency to enhance the lives of those we support.
- Justice – Jubilee advocates for justice on behalf of the people we serve and is committed to serving and employing people of diverse cultures, races, religions, and economic circumstances.
- Ethical Practices – Jubilee operates with integrity, insists on quality and clear financial oversight, and bases its actions on open discussion.
- Spiritual Care – Jubilee actively supports the spiritual needs of the people we serve and the people we employ.
—Adopted by the Board of Directors on 2/11/13
of Maryland, Inc.
10408 Montgomery Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895
United Way #9829
UWNCA CFC #91180