Jubilee helps the people we support find homes they want to live in. We help people get housing vouchers and partner with inclusion-minded developers and landlords. Our support services are separate from people’s decisions about where they want to live. Nobody has to fear losing their support services based on where they live.
Currently, 62 percent of the people we support live in a home they own or lease themselves. And 30 percent live in group homes owned or leased by Jubilee. Eight percent live in a family home. We are partners and advocates for inclusive housing. When people can choose where they want to live they have greater independence.
“After my old landlord illegally refused to accept my housing voucher, Jubilee helped me secure a lease in my own name in a beautiful new home with a view of the woods. They helped me advocate for myself and supported me throughout the stressful process of finding a new place to live. I even went to Annapolis with Jubilee to tell my story and help improve use of housing vouchers statewide.”Erika Ketler
Jubilee Housing Parternships
Thanks to our groundbreaking partnership model, people supported by Jubilee:
- Get priority placement at 14 renovated, affordable apartments at Fireside Park apartments. Application details here.
- Are moving into the brand-new inclusive Main Street Apartments in Rockville.
- Live in the beautiful James M. Sullivan Memorial House built by Potomac Community Resources.
- Live in homes owned by Rosaria Communities, and benefit from Rosaria’s relationship with local Catholic parishes, which provide friendship and community support.
- Jubilee partners include Rockville Housing Enterprises, Montgomery County Housing Opportunities Commission (HOC) and the Montgomery Housing Partnership to make housing affordable for people supported by Jubilee.
- Jubilee also owns and leases licensed group homes, and our founding group home has been in continuous operation since 1978.